What is HPV?
- Genital human papilloma virus infection, is an infection of sexually transmitted diseases (STDS). Exciter-the human papilloma virus infection human papilloma virus (HPV). The human papillomavirus is actually a group of viruses that includes about 100 different types. More than 30 types of HPV are transmitted sexually, infecting the sexual organs and the anus in both women and men.
The majority of those infected do not know about the disease, they do not have clinical manifestations, and, in addition, they will spontaneously recover.
Most of these viruses-called the virus of high carcinogenic risk, they can cause the lesions of the body. Studies in recent years have confirmed the central role of HPV in development of cancer of the cervix of the uterus (womb). In the high-risk HPV play a role in causing cancers of the vulva, in the vagina, in women and penile cancer in men. The virus is high-risk, are related to 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 52, 53, 56, 58, 59, 68, 69 types of these types of HPV are responsible for 95-98% of all cases of cancer of the cervix of the uterus (womb). They are known to cause the abnormal growth of cells, which is usually flat and nearly invisible during the normal course of the inspection, in comparison with that of the benign growths which are caused by a virus of the low-risk 6 and 11 types. Benign anogenital warts, which appear over 2 to 6 months after infection. In the development of pre-cancerous or cancerous changes that are related to the transport of high-risk HPV are going to years, and often occurs in spontaneous cure of the infection by HPV.
The infection is most common in the age group of 15 to 40 and affects equally men and women. At the age of 50 years, about 80 percent of women get the HPV infection.
About 50 percent to 75 percent of sexually-active individuals become infected with HPV during their lifetime, and in the majority of cases, the infection is not the cause of the disease and the cure on its own.
About 90% of those infected with HIV also have HPV infection.
How is it transmitted, and the HPV virus
The human papilloma virus, can infect sexual area, they are transmitted through sexual contact. The majority of the people cannot be seen with the onset of the disease, and, therefore, are carriers of HPV, they do not know about their infection and they may infect their sexual partners. Sometimes, an infected mother can infect the baby during delivery. This can cause the so-called papillomatosis larynx of a newborn baby.
The manifestations of the infection
The majority of the people, for the people do not know about it. HPV often does not cause any manifestations on the skin and mucous membranes. In other parts of the people develop genital warts, or if there are any changes to the pre-cancer of the cervix, vulva, anal area, or on the shaft of your penis. In very rare cases, these changes are moving directly towards it. Of hiv infection to the development of dysplasia, a severe average of 20 years of age. The majority of women recover spontaneously within a period of 9 to 15 months after infection. The main manifestation of human papillomavirus infection genital warts or condilomas acuminados are caused by HPV 6 and 11 type) - a soft warty-of-education-in short, slim leg, and it resembles a cauliflower or a cock's comb, with a prize (the head of the penis, penis, small and large labia, in the vagina, the cervix, the region of the anus). Condilomas acuminados appear over 2 to 6 months after infection. Visible condilomas are found during the inspection.
The diagnosis of the infection
Diagnosis of the body is done on the basis of the survey. The diagnosis of HPV of a high carcinogenic risk associated with the change, and a more complex one. On the basis of the diagnosis of the disease and pre-cancer of the cervix of the uterus, for many, was the cytologic examination of the sputum (the study of the stain under a microscope). On the other hand, it has some significant disadvantages-complexity, low sensitivity, and a high frequency of unreliable results. The american committee of the FDA committee (food and drug) approved of the study, the HPV method is the polymerase chain reaction PCR, that can determine which of the 13 types of HPV that are high risk. The PCR for HPV detection has high sensitivity, it is easy to perform. The sharing of studies, cytology, and PCR tests that allow to improve significantly the efficiency of the diagnosis, the sensitivity increases to 99 to 100%). It is important for the detection of high-risk HPV is also before the advent of the changes in pre-malignant mucosa.
A PCR survey on the high-risk HPV detection is recommended:
- - As the primary key, the method, in addition to cytology for women 30 years of age.
- To the resolution of equivocal cytologic findings.
- - Patients who are treated for dysplasia or cancer.
- The first phase of the diagnosis, and the countries in which the ill-organized program of research on infection with the papilloma virus.
- To the survey were men.
You can be cured of this disease?
The diagnosis and treatment of stis should be carried out in conditions of specialized clinic – KVD, you have all the tools you need for a quick and accurate diagnosis.
Specific medication for HPV, I really didn't. There are lots of methods to remove the body from the disease, but it can come back because the virus stays in the body of a person. Relapses are as possible in 25% of cases, within a period of 3 months after the treatment. In the treatment of the body it is necessary to watch sexual partners. However, the vast majority of the sexual partners are infected with HPV are not visible with the onset of the disease.
The treatment of the disease, pre-cancer, is the use of the chemical, physical, and other methods, with the aim of changing the structure of the areas that are affected the mucous membranes, as well as the application of drugs stimulating the immune. In the future, you should be an annual cytologic screening, and the definition of HPV is the PCR method.
What is the connection between HPV and cervical cancer?
Just the facts:
- Human papilloma virus high-risk, are a major cause of cancer of the cervix of the uterus (womb).
- In the case of severe dysplasia (pre-cancer) and cancer of the cervix, HPV is detected in almost 100% of the time.
- For the detection of HPV that is linked with the 250x at risk for the development of severe dysplasia.
- Cancer of the cervix of the uterus, which occupies the 1st place among the causes of maternal mortality and morbidity in developing countries.
- Cancer of the cervix of the uterus, which occupies the 2nd place after cancer of the breast among the women in the world, 250 thousand deaths per year.
- In Russia every year, out of 12, 300 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and more than 6 thousand patients every year will die.
- Over the past 10 years, the average age of cases decreased from 58 to 55 years of age.
- In women up to 29 years of age, the incidence rate increased by 2-fold.
- In the high-risk HPV cause cancer of the cervix of the uterus in 100% of cases of cancer of the anus, and 90% of the cancers of the vagina and vulva – 40%, and cancer of the penis – as many as 40%, and cancer of the oral cavity in 12% of cases.
- The american Cancer Society scheduled for the end of 2004, about 10 of 520 women will go on to develop aggressive cancer of the cervix of the uterus, and about 3, 900 women will die of the disease. The majority of women with an aggressive cancer of the cervix of the uterus, you do not have completed the research on the HPV infection.
The prevention of the infection
The right way to avoid sexual infection with HPV is to abstain from any sexual contact with another person.
In the long term, it is the practice of sexual intercourse with a steady partner, it does not give 100% guarantee against HPV infection. It is difficult to determine, without testing, a special infected is currently the partner for sex.
For men, the use of latex condoms, when used properly, reduce the risk of transmission of hiv infection.
All of the events, such as chest pain or discomfort when you urinate, an unusual eruption of the skin, are a sign of the completion of the sexual contact, and immediately an investigation into the conditions of the clinic. If the patient is discovered it IS, it should tell your sexual partners so that they, too, have gone through an exam and appropriate treatment. This in turn reduces the risk of developing serious complications and prevent the possibility of re-infection.