The human papilloma virus (HPV) is extremely common in the world of sexually transmitted infection.
A characteristic feature of this infection is that it can be for a number of years, it does not appear, but it will eventually lead to the development of benign lesions (hpv), or malignant (a cancer of a neck of a uterus) disorders of the organs in the body.
The types of the human papilloma virus
Well-known, there are more than 100 types of HPV. Guys — it's a sort of "sub-types of the virus are different from each other. The types are indicated by numbers that are assigned to the at least one opening.
The group of high oncogenic risk, accounting for 14 types of: 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 66, 68 (these types are related to the development of cancer of the cervix of the uterus).
In addition, there are well-known types of a low oncogenic risk (particularly 6 and 11). They are the ones that will lead to the formation of a wart to get rid of (warts on the genital papillomas). The papilloma virus that are located in the mucous membrane of the vulva, the labia, the perianal skin of the genital organs. They almost never become cancerous, however, they take a vital cosmetic defects in the genital area. Warts on other parts of the body (hands, feet, and face can also be caused by such viruses, and they may have a different origin. Over the next few articles, we will discuss separately the types of HPV that are high-risk and low-risk."
It is transmitted by the human papilloma virus
The virus is transmitted, especially when the sexual contact. Sooner or later, who are infected with HPV, almost all of them women: up to 90% of the sexually active women, to come to terms with the infection throughout their lives.
But there's some good news: the vast majority of those (about 90%) you get rid of HPV without any medical intervention within a period of two years.
It is normal for the procedure of infection that is caused by the HPV in the human body. This time, it's enough to make a person's immune system is completely free of the virus. In such a situation, it is the HPV that is not going to bring any harm to the body. That is, if it has been detected in the HPV a few years ago, and now it's not, it's completely normal!
It should be noted that the immune system works in people with different "speeds". In this regard, the rate of elimination of HPV may be different than your sexual partner. Therefore, it is possible that one of the partner is detected, HPV, and the other is not.
The majority of people who are infected with HPV shortly after the onset of sexual life, and many of them will never know they have been infected with HPV. Durable immunity following infection, it was not possible to re-infection by the same virus, of which there has already been a meeting, and other kinds of computer viruses.
In the high-risk HPV," it is dangerous because it can lead to the development of cancer of the cervix and some other types of cancer. Other problems of high-risk HPV is not the cause. The HPV leads to the development of inflammation in the mucous membrane of the vagina/the neck of the uterus, menstruation, or infertility.
HPV does not affect your ability to conceive and nurturing a pregnancy. The children of high-risk HPV," is not transmitted during pregnancy or during labor. The diagnosis of the human papilloma virus
Testing for HPV of high oncogenic risk, for up to 25 years of age, it is pretty much useless (other than those of the women, early start to sexual activity (before 18 years of age)), because it is a very good chance of detecting the virus, which is soon alone is going to get out of the body.
After 25 – 30 years old, the test has the meaning of:
- in conjunction with the analysis of a Smear test (PAP – test). If there is a change in the PAP test for high-risk HPV, such a situation warrants special attention;
- the long persistence of HPV, high-risk, in the absence of cytologic changes-also demands attention. As recently demonstrated, that the sensitivity of the HPV test in preventing cancer of the cervix, as above, that is, the sensitivity of the smear test, in which the setting of the HPV (without the pap) shall be approved as to their own research, to the prevention of cervical cancer in the united states. However, in Russia, the recommended annual cytology tests, and therefore, it would seem reasonable for the combination of these two studies:
- after the treatment of dysplasia/pre-cancer/cancer-of the cervix of the uterus (in the absence of HPV infection in the analysis, after the treatment, it is almost always a result of the success of the treatment. For that, you'll need to get a bone from the canal of the cervix of the uterus, (maybe that's the research and the material from the vagina; however, in the context of the selection, it is recommended that you obtain the material from the neck of the womb).
In the analysis, you need to donate:
- 1 time per year (in the high-risk HPV detection has been previously detected, then the analysis is distributed along with cytological research);
- 1 time (s) over the next 5 years, if the review is negative.
Testing for HPV of low oncogenic risk, there is no need to almost never at all. If the papillomas are not, then this review doesn't have the sense to be, in principle, could be a carrier of the virus is most likely it, the treatment of viruses, it is not, so what do I do with the results of the analysis, it is unknown).
If the infection is:
- more often than not it is caused by HPV;
- to delete them, one must regardless we 6/11 or not;
- if you take it off, and then directly with the individual papillomas, and not for the vagina/the neck of the uterus (womb).
There are tests available for the detection of HPV types are different. If you from time to time send to the analysis of the HPV, to pay attention to, which are the types that are included in the analysis. Some of the laboratories doing the research, 16-and 18-type, and the other for all of the types together. It is also possible to have the test, which will show you all of the 14 types of the virus of "high-risk" in a quantitative format. The quantitative traits are important for predicting the likelihood of development of pre-cancer and cancer of the cervix of the uterus (womb). Apply all three of these tests must be in the context of the prevention of cancer of the cervix of the uterus, and not as a tourist in the test. The analysis of places without the results of a smear test (RE-test), more often than not, it is possible to make any inference about the state of health of the patient.
There is no such analysis, which will allow you to identify "will" - if the virus for a particular patient or not.
The treatment of the human papilloma virus
There is no medical treatment for HPV. There are methods for the treatment of diseases which are caused by HPV (papilloma, dysplasia, pre-cancer and cancer of the cervix of the uterus). This treatment should be carried out with the application of surgical techniques (cryocoagulation, laser, radio knife.
None of the "Immunostimulants" are not related to the treatment of HPV, and should not be used. Any of the well-known medicinal products were not suitable for the test, which would show its effectiveness and security. Not even in the same protocols/standards and the recommendations for these medications are included in it. The presence or absence of the "erosion" of the cervix of the uterus, does not affect the structure of the deal with the HPV.
If a woman has no complaints, and also papillomas, changes in the cervix of the uterus when the colposcopy, and in accordance with PAP — testing, no treatment is necessary.
It is only necessary to take a mulligan the analysis of year 1 and to monitor the condition of the cervical cancer (annual PAP — test, colposcopy). In the majority of patients, the virus will "leave" in the body of its own. If you are not, you do not necessarily have to be what it is going to lead to the development of cancer of the cervix of the uterus, but it is the control that is needed. For the treatment of sexual partners is not required, except when both of the partners has the infection, genital).
The prevention of infection by the human papilloma virus
- Developed vaccines that protect against the 16 and 18 types, (HPV of the vaccine also protects against the 6 and 11 types). HPV types 16 and 18 are responsible for 70% of all cases of cancer of the cervix of the uterus, and, therefore, their protection is just as important. Routine vaccination is used in over 45 countries around the world. The use of a condom (it does not provide 100% protection.