In their quest to free themselves from painless but highly unesthetic warts, some people use all sorts of alternative medicine. But do they know how dangerous it is to do self -removal from such a neoplasm? This article will tell you about the most effective methods to get rid of warts and papillomas in medical institutions.
Papilloma virus as the cause of the appearance of warts on the human body
Warts are one of the most common benign skin growths that many people have to deal with. They are usually painless and do not pose a danger. However, this neoplasm looks so unesthetic that it results in a completely justified desire to remove it.
Warts can have different sizes - both a few millimeters and a few centimeters. The causative agent of the disease is the human papillomavirus virus, which is transmitted through contact with patients, as well as as a result of the use of ordinary household items - door handles, towels, combs. Since the source is a virus, it can be completely cured just by defeating it in the body. Today we will talk about eliminating the external manifestations of the disease. The incubation period of the disease can be more than a month; it is very difficult to determine when the infection occurred. Moreover, the carrier of the virus itself may not show signs of disease. In addition to the appearance of warts, the virus can cause other types of skin deformities - papillomas, as well as condylomas. Children aged 9-15 years are more susceptible to this virus.
There are several types of warts:
- Concise.Extensive species account for about 80% of all skin growth. These are round, hard, painless and rough, gray and yellow warts that can be located either one by one or the whole cluster. Their most common place of appearance is the hands, more rarely the scalp.
- Rata.A rare species and found mainly in children. These are small in size, up to three millimeters of various shapes, tubercles, barely protruding above the surface of the skin. Often appears on the face, hands and mucous membranes of the mouth.
- Plantar.Observed in people of all ages. These are painful warts in the form of dense formations with keratin surfaces. Their appearance is provoked by wearing uncomfortable shoes. Such warts are the most difficult to diagnose, as they are difficult to distinguish from old calluses, as well as other diseases affecting the soles of the feet.
- Filiform.Small warts on the legs with a brownish color. Most are located in the neck, eyelids and armpits.
Medication use for warts and papillomas
To get rid of warts, it is recommended to contact a medical institution where you can get qualified help.
The treatment process begins with an examination. The survey consists of:
- visual inspection;
- cytological examination;
- molecular biology examination;
The traditional method of treatment is the complete removal of warts or the destruction of the structure of the neoplasm with the help of drugs or mechanical influences. Medication for therapy is selected by a specialist, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
Removing warts at home using alternative medicine is not a safe procedure and carries risks such as:
- burns or scars on the skin by improper actions;
- danger of disease spread;
- the possibility of infection in the wound;
- transformation of warts into cancerous tumors.
For this reason, it is better to use pharmaceutical drugs for warts recommended by specialists.
The pharmacy network has a number of effective medications to get rid of problems such as papillomas and warts. When using the drug, you should follow the instructions for its use exactly. However, everyone’s body is individual, so doctors should choose the most appropriate medication for warts.
Wart removal methods
The most effective way to get rid of skin growth is to get rid of it. Taking into account the type of wart, as well as the area of its location, doctors use the following methods:
- Electrocoagulation.The action of high frequency electric currents on the surface of neoplasms. The warts are removed using local anesthesia with a medical device called a coagulator, which cuts them while treating the surrounding tissue.
- Cryodestruction.using liquid nitrogen - with the help of an applicator, the problem area is treated with liquid nitrogen, which freezes it and provokes the destruction of damaged cells.
- Laser therapy.Laser wart removal occurs with freezing or evaporation of skin cells. This process does not cause a painful sensation, moreover, if performed by an experienced specialist, it does not leave an impression on the treated skin.
- Surgical wart surgery.It is used in situations where the warts turn into large clusters. Surgery is performed using local anesthesia.
- Chemical removal.This is a method of destroying warts with medicines made based on acids and alkalis. Such drugs are sold in network pharmacies without giving a prescription, which means that treatment can be carried out independently, but after consulting a doctor first. During treatment, you should treat the warts carefully without affecting nearby tissues.
However, if it is decided to do treatment at home, using one or another remedy for warts, it is first necessary to see a doctor to make an accurate diagnosis. Carrying out the treatment itself, you definitely must end it, following expert advice.